The Role of the Volunteer
The role of the volunteer is to support student learning and the delivery of learning opportunities by school staff. Extended Schools Activities may provide further opportunities to potential candidates. Volunteering, like most roles at CHSCC, is an exciting and varied role, the nature of which may fluctuate dependent upon a number of factors from day to day. However, the core responsibilities of a Volunteer will be as follows:
To support students with SEND in their learning and build appropriate relationships
- To support students to achieve personal learning goals
- To engage with students in a variety of ways and to help stimulate their learning experience whilst demonstrating a growing understanding of their strengths and weaknesses
- To support members of CHSCC staff through the completion of relevant tasks and jobs as requested
- Preparing and maintaining a safe and productive learning environment
- Supporting the school in its vision and core values
- Working as part of the Chatsworth team
Volunteers at Chatsworth High School and Community College will never be asked to work alone with any individual or group of students.
Volunteers must adhere to all policies and practices adopted paid members of staff at Chatsworth High School and Community College, including the safeguarding of our students from harm, abuse and neglect.