Welcome to Chatsworth High School and Community College, where we strive to provide a safe, nurturing, happy environment for our students, enabling them to reach their full potential. We cater for 11-19 year-old students with complex needs, across three sites in Salford, with two on Chatsworth Road in Eccles and one on Vicarage Road in Swinton - which is primarily for our college students. The college shares a site with Chatsworth Futures, which is a post-19 provision with a focus on employability.
At Chatsworth we promote student wellbeing and have high aspirations for them, focusing on individualised learning experiences, where they will gain skills and knowledge in addition to developing their independence. We encourage student voice and want our students to make choices for themselves. We adopt a Total Communication approach to promote inclusivity; using signing, symbols, schedules and communication aids to support the spoken word.
Our Key Objectives for 2022-2025 are as follows:
1. Ensure each student is fully prepared for adulthood
2. Further enhance individualised learning experiences for students
3. Ensure a positive behavioural culture for all
4. Have a Total Communication approach to all we do as a school
5. Provide and support aspirational career pathways for staff
6. Increase the active engagement of parents and the wider community
7. Continue to prioritise the wellbeing of all students and staff
Staff at Chatsworth are friendly and approachable, and welcome input from parents, as you know your child best. We look forward to working with you help your children to thrive. Please get in touch with us if you have any questions, and we will do our best to help.