I am delighted to welcome you to Chatsworth High School and Community College, a part of the Chatsworth Multi Academy Trust. We serve pupils with a broad arrange of talents and strengths who are aged between 11 and 19 years. All of our pupils have an EHCP which describes their learning difficulties which include severe learning difficulties, profound and multiple learning difficulties and autism. Our school is based across three sites to accommodate the increasing numbers of pupils who are joining us.
At Chatsworth, our vision focuses on
Creating the right life opportunities for every pupil, student and learner through the best quality specialist education and care
and this permeates every aspect of our work, our achievements and our aspirations.
In order to deliver this vision, we aim to
- Celebrate each pupil, student and learner as a unique individual.
- Identify each individual’s aspirations and ensure that they are able to achieve these.
- Create high quality learning environments that are nurturing, vibrant, innovative, caring and happy.
- Provide the best evidence-based approach to teaching and curriculum development.
- Develop expert staff through bespoke continuous professional development.
- Engage with the wider community to enable each pupil, student and learner to be fully included.
Each of these statements acts as a reference point to our practice and enables us to judge ourselves by our actions and by the difference we are making to pupil’s lives.
We pride ourselves on being a welcoming and inclusive school community working closely with parents and carers, health professionals and local authority officers to secure the best possible outcomes for our pupils. We are open to constructive dialogue as we seek to improve our practice every day in order to provide the highest quality education we can for our pupils. We are interested in how we can learn more about how our pupils learn and encourage collaboration with others as a way of achieving this.
Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do. They are the reason we exist and give purpose to everything we do. Our staff team are deeply committed to our pupils and our Governors and Trustees share their commitment to pupils’ well-being and educational excellence. Please spend some time exploring our website and getting to know our school community. You are welcome to contact us directly anytime in order to arrange a visit or simply to reach out to us.
Dr. Martin Hanbury – Headteacher, Chatsworth High School and Community College