At Chatsworth we are continuously striving to provide the highest quality, learning opportunities we can within the context of a caring, positive and happy learning community.
We have tried to capture this ethos in our Mission Statement which says:
'Chatsworth High School and Community College is a caring, happy and progressive learning community in which each person is valued equally and respected unconditionally. Our school community promotes high expectations for each person and supports every member of our school community in achieving their potential as life-long learners. At Chatsworth High School and Community College every person matters.'
We have distilled this Mission Statement into the following Ten Core Beliefs which act as a focus for our activity:
- We believe the health and safety of our students is paramount
- We believe in the right of all people to be emotionally healthy, financially secure and learning fulfilled
- We believe we should all belong and feel we all belong
- We believe in continuously improving our school through honest, collaborative teamwork
- We believe our curriculum should be relevant, purposeful, accessible and constantly evolving
- We believe teaching and learning should be enjoyable, exciting and consistently inclusive
- We believe teaching and learning should be founded on established best practice and an openness to innovative approaches
- We believe in working hard and doing our best
- We believe we should help one another in our learning and support one another in our lives
- We believe we are providing a foundation for our students’ adult lives
At Chatsworth High School and Community College we believe in the fundamental British Values of
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs and for those without faith
At Chatsworth High School and Community College we undertake to both actively promote British Values and ensure that British Values are not undermined within our school.